Quanah, Acme, and Pacific Railroad
Photograph Collection, 1895-1974
212 copy prints, 216 copy negatives
SWCPC 81 (A)-(B)

Consists of photographs of Quanah, Acme, and Pacific Railroad trains, depots, and tracks (1895-1954; 1974 and undated), and bulks with photographs of depots and tracks (1920-1950 and undated). The collection also contains photographs of the headquarters house on the Matador Ranch (undated); street scenes in Paducah, Texas (1896); and agricultural scenes (undated).

Established as a short line railway in 1903, the Acme, Red River, and Northern originally connected the gypsum plants at Acme, Texas, with the Frisco line just outside of the Red River. In 1909, the line was extended west to Paducah and renamed the Quanah, Acme, and Pacific Railroad. The line extended to Floydada, Texas, in 1928, but failed to receive approval for any further extensions. Comanche war chief, Quanah Parker, visited the railway headquarters in Quanah on occasion to see what he termed "my railroad."

Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway Company
Photograph Collection, 1909-1931
35 B/W photo prints

Bulks with images of railroad properties of the Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway Company, headquartered in Quanah, Texas. Includes images of railroad tracks, depots, passenger stations, tool house, cotton platform, stock pens, water tank, electric motor car, locomotive, switching engine, passenger coach, box car, bridge, culvert, and roundhouse shed. Bulks with depots.

The Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway Company began in 1902 as the Acme, Red River and Northern in Hardeman County. In 1909, owner Sam Lazarus changed the name and extended the line into Cottle and Motley Counties. Transferred from the Matador Land and Cattle Company Records.

Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway Company
Photograph Collection, undated
27 photo prints

Includes photos of tracks, cars, concrete culverts, mile markers, stations, roundhouse, and other buildings associated with the railroad.

Quanah Parker
Photograph Collection, 1962
4 copy prints

Consists of photographs of the Quanah Parker family reunion held at Camp Eagle, Ft. Sills, Oklahoma (1962), and contains an excellent portrait of Quanah Parker in full Indian Chief regalia (undated).

Quanah Parker (ca. 1845-1911), son of Chief Peta Nocona and Cynthia Ann Parker, was the last Comanche Chief.

Quintana, Israel
Photograph Collection, undated
1 B/W copy print; 2 B/W copy negatives

Collection contains one image of Mexican-American railroad workers and ranchers at Van Horn, Texas, 1913.