University Library home page Architecture Library home page International Cultural Center Library Southwest Collection - Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University Libraries University Library home page Architecture Library home page International Cultural Center Library Southwest Collection - Special Collections Library Branch libraries navigation bar

Q

Quanah, Acme and Pacific Railway Company
Records, 1901-1972
240 microfilm reels : negatives

    Contains correspondence, legal and financial material, schedules, blueprints, and minutes of company meetings pertaining to the construction and operation of the Quanah, Acme, and Pacific line. Also includes records of ranches, towns, and agribusinesses who had connections and dealings with the railroad. Of particular interest are photographs of the first train in Floydada, the Matador Ranch, and Roaring Springs, and a typed history of the railroad by its president, Charles H. Sommer.
    Chartered on July 12, 1902, as the Acme, Red River, and Northern Railway, the road ran from Acme, Texas, to the Red River. The name was revised in 1909 to substitute building to El Paso for building north. The Frisco railroad system was the parent company for the Quanah, Acme and Pacific. In 1957, Jeanette Cook, a graduate student at Texas Tech, did a research paper on the railroad's history, which subsequently appeared in edited form in the Quanah Tribune-Chief.

Quanah Chamber of Commerce (Texas)
Records, 1936-1978
1 microfilm reel (15 ft.) : negative

    Contains annual membership banquet programs, annual reports, newsletters on activities, a program of work, and miscellaneous items relating to the Quanah Chamber of Commerce.  The Quanah Chamber of Commerce was organized in 1918 to promote the growth of industry and tourism in the area.

Quest, A. E. "Gene"
Collection, 1970-2001
1 wallet (0.1 linear feet)

     The collection includes a seven-page score sheet of the CD recording of a song entitled "Oh Lord, Look What Thou Hast Done."  The lyrics are by Dr. A. E. "Gene" Quest and music by Dr. Houston Bright.  The music was performed by the Texas Tech University Music Theatre Ensemble.
     Dr. Quest was inspired by the tragic event of the Lubbock, Texas tornado of May 11, 1970 when he wrote the poem of "Oh Lord, Look What Thou Hast Done."  But he was also inspired by other historical events of the time, which he incorporated into the poem.  His lyrics were set to music and recorded on April 17, 2001 by the Texas Tech University School of Music.

Quicksilver Company
Records, 1954-1955
1 wallet (0.1 linear feet)

   Contains the financial records of the Quicksilver Company of Lubbock, Texas, 1954-1955.  Its history is unknown.

Quinn, Jean Williams
Papers, 1948
107 leaves

    Contains a report on preliminary excavation in Dawson County, Texas, at Fingerprint Caves, which served as training for work at Arrowhead Ruin. Bulks with drafts of an M.A. thesis entitled "Excavations at Arrowhead Ruin in 1941 and 1948." Of special interest is a room by room description and measurement of Rooms 57 through Rooms 74 in Arrowhead Ruin. Also includes the names of the members of the field classes.
    A graduate student at Texas Technological College in 1948, Quinn's thesis topic was the excavation of site 251, known as Arrowhead Ruin, an Indian pueblo dating from ca. 1370 to ca. 1450 located between Glorietta and Pecos, New Mexico.

     
TTU
Search
Workstation Use Policy
Contact the Library
Support the Library
 
Go to Texas Records and Information Locator Service (TRAIL), a state agency search service at the Texas State Library Go to TexasOnline, the main web site of the State of Texas
 

Disability, Privacy and Accessibility Resources

Copyright 2003 Texas Tech University Libraries
18th St. and Boston Ave., MS 40002
Lubbock, Texas 79409-0002
(806) 742-2261, Fax (806) 742-0737