"Texas In Review"
Weekly Log -- February 20, 1956 - April 30, 1956
February 20, 1956
Charro Days Visiting Brownsvilles annual fiesta (416")
Report to Chief Texas Boy Scouts making their annual reports to Gov.
Mercy from the Sky Paramedics make air drop at San Antonio
Tomorrows Engineers A round-up of Engineers Week activities
over the state (436")
Nonstop Silver Service Braniff inaugurates its Dallas-New York service in
a big way (212")
With Wind & Sail The annual Houston Yacht Club Regatta
Camp Fire Valentines Statewide coverage of Campfire Girls Father-Daughter
February 27, 1956
- Honoring Americas American An international celebration observing
George Washingtons birthday at Laredo (357")
- Safety First Presentation of Roy Rogers Safety Trophy to national contest
winner, Wheeler Elementary School at Commerce (411")
- For Life, Leaf and Limb Training of Forestry students at Stephen F. Austin
in Nacogdoches (805")
- Skyway Travel Demonstrations of the new monorail transportation method at
- Fun Laboratory Instruction course for community recreation workers at
Kerrvilles Longhorn Recreation Laboratory (524")
March 6, 1956
- Stirrups and Steers A round-up of Texas rodeos and stock shows at Ft.
Worth, Houston, and San Antonio (604")
- Springtime for Houston The annual Azaleas Trail visit to gardens of
estates in Houston (239")
- Pressure Pays Off An explanation of Humble Oil and Refining Companys
re-pressuring projects for various oil reservoirs in Texas and work at Humbles
research Laboratory in Houston (56")
- Search For an Answer A report on the continuous battle against leukemia at
Wadley Research Institute in Dallas(602")
- Humanitys Haven Activities of Red Cross chapters in Dallas, Midland,
Houston, and San Antonio (222")
March 15, 1956
- Piggyback on Rails Southern Pacifics "piggyback" freight
operation at Houston and Beaumont (930").
- Oil and High Style Fashion Show staged by members of the Desk and Derrick
Club at Amarillo (448").
- Layer by Layer Story of plywood manufacture at Atlas Plywood Corp. in
Center (6 23").
- Lone Star Birthday Texas Independence Day celebration at Washington on the
- Saga of Defense Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum exhibits on weapons of
mankind at Canyon (558").
- Heritage House Dedication of the Noble House in Houston (140").
March 19, 1956
- A Cake for the Navy Celebration of the fifteenth anniversary of the Corpus
Christi Naval Air Station (332").
- Green Thumbs and Blossoms A general how-to-do-it story on flower gardening
- The Sport of Falls Jude Tournament held at Bergatron Air Force Base in
Austin (5 58")
- Versatile Valley A report on the annual Rio Grande Live Stock Show in
- Happiness Boulevard The story of the Blue Bird Style Show in San Antonio
- Brawn, Speed and Skill Excerpts from the action in the Border Olympics in
April 30, 1956
- Texas Chooses Its Mrs. - Mrs. Texas Finals (700").
- Commercial - #56-13 (108").
- Festival on the Neches Neches River Festival (218").
- Wider, Safer and Better Highway Projects (600").
- Commercial - #56-3 (59").
- Cradle of Liberty Liberty Bi-Centennial (415").
- Brotherhood in Action Jewish Community Councils (552").
Workstation Use Policy
Contact the Library
Support the Library
Copyright © 2003 Texas Tech University Libraries
18th St. and Boston Ave., MS 40002
Lubbock, Texas 79409-0002
(806) 742-2261, Fax (806) 742-0737