TARO Finding Aid
Doug Peacock is a grizzly bear and bison
expert, author, wildlands activist, and filmmaker. He has
appeared on television shows such as The Today Show, Good
Morning America, and The American Sportsman as an
expert on the subject. Peacock is also a veteran of the Vietnam
War. The films from this collection represent outtakes of
grizzly bears filmed in the wild and Peacock's War.
- Peacock, Doug, and Andrea Peacock. In the Presence
of Grizzlies: The Ancient Bond Between Men and Bears.
Revised Ed. of The Essential Grizly. Guilford: Lyons
- Peacock, Doug, and Andrea Peacock. The
Essential Grizzly: The Mingled Fates of Men and
Bears. Springfield: Lyons Press, 2006.
- Peacock, Doug and Edward Abbey. The Best of
Edward Abbey. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 2005.
- Peacock, Doug. Walking It Off: A
Veteran's Chronicle of War And Wilderness.
Cheney: Ewu Press, 2005.
- Peacock, Doug. Baja. Boston: Bulfinch Press,
- Peacock, Doug. Grizzly Years: in Search
of the American Wilderness. New York: H.