Texas Tech University ArchivesCollection Finding Aids- Blueprints, Manuscripts, and Photographs
Processed collections can requested by patrons in the Holden Reading Room. Finding aids, both in electronic and paper form, are available and include descriptions of what resides in a collection, the date span of the materials, the names of the collection's author(s), and the size of the collection. Many of the finding aids are folder-level descriptions.
- Texas Tech Blueprints
- Texas Tech Sports Collections
- Administration Records
- Committee and Council Records
- Departmental and Campus Records [including faculty papers]
- Social and Honor Organizations Records
- Alumni Collections
- Oversized Materials
- What's New in the University Archives? The University Archives Tumblr site highlights items of interest found within the collections.
- Digital Collections in the University Archives
Other TTU History Resources:
Click here to read tidbits on Texas Tech, including digital scans of Techsan Retrospective articles, the establishment of Texas Tech, departmental/college and degree histories, a list of Horn Professors, a who's who of administrators, trivia about TTU buildings and structures, and statistics compiled by the university on such matters as enrollment, graduation, location distribution, test scores, gender, ethnicity, and age.
The University Archives is the official repository for campus and alumni journals, newsletters, press releases and newspapers. Among these are:
- The Activists' Forum newspaper (1968-1969)
- Alumni publications: Texas Tech Magazine (1937-1943) and Tex Talks newsletters (1950-1964)
- The Board of Directors/Board of Regents Meeting Minutes (1923- )
- The Catalyst newspaper (1969-1971)
- Commencement Programs (1949-2016)
- Course Catalogs (also called the Course Bulletins, 1926- )
- La Ventana yearbooks (1926-2009)
- Tech Tips student handbooks (1942-1974)
- Texas Tech Budget books (1949- )
- Texas Tech Press Releases (1926- )
- Texas Techsan alumni magazine (1954-2011)
- The Toreador newspaper (1925- )
- The Daily Toreador newspaper (current issues)
Miscellaneous Texas Tech publications are also currently being digitized and added online on our DSpace repository.
Additionally, books published by Tech faculty are available. All items are non-circulating and are available for viewing in the Holden Reading Room. Numerous Texas Tech newsletters and Magazines are now published online only.
The Texas Tech University Archives participated in the Train to Share grant project to digitize collections pertaining to Texas Energy Resources. The materials include photographs and oral history interviews from various collections found within the holdings of the Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library.
For more information on using University Archives materials, contact:
Lynn Whitfield, Associate Archivist
Southwest Collection/Special Collections Library
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1041
Phone (806) 742-3749
Fax (806) 742-0496
Last Updated 8/23/16